We're looking for someone to work directly with Linda and Julie, who run the events program and are responsible for selecting, booking and guiding the speakers for the conference. You will:
- Help select the right speakers by looking into speaker submissions and crowdsourcing ideas.
- Be in direct contact with speakers to make sure everything is taken care of for their trip to Amsterdam.
- Help make sure our speakers have a fantastic experience in Amsterdam, by helping organize special events such as the speaker dinner and boat trip, as well as managing a fantastic team of volunteers who will assist the speakers during the conference itself.
Why it's a great opportunity
- You will have an opportunity to be in contact with some of the greatest thoughtleaders and most successful entrepreneurs in the world in tech and business.
- It's a great chance to learn a lot about the different companies and people that are relevant and leading in technology and business today, as well as the trends and developments they're driving.
- You'll be an essential part of one of the biggest leading technology and business events in the world.
- You will have great autonomy, as well as real responsibility for one of the most essential parts of the conference.
- You'll be part of one of the coolest teams at The Next Web: we've overheard other people in the office mention they're a little jealous of how well we get along and how many cool things we get to do :-) We have a young and diverse team (we have 6 different nationalities in our team and the oldest member is 30).
- We're based at TQ, our brand new tech hub in Amsterdam that we share with some of the city's most promising startups, based right in the heart of the city. Every week we have drinks with the other residents and there are plenty of events happening all year round.
- We have free lunch and snacks and a number of great coffee machines spread around the building, so you can enjoy unlimited good coffee and food all day long.
- Stellar compensation while you grow the skills you want.
Who we are looking for:
- You are deeply curious about new technology and innovation and those how will change our societies, jobs and lives.
- You love working with and talking to people.
- You are organised and take pride in offering great service. You are also still able to focus as rogue drones fly overhead.
- You have at least 5 month to enjoy the best office in Amsterdam.
- You are proactive and can work both independently and as part of a team.
- Your English is perfect, preferably native.
- You’re ambitious and innovative. You love brainstorming and coming up with new ideas.
- You’re comfortable with responsibility, but never afraid to ask questions.
The position starts on February 1st.