TNW is a tech media company, founded in 2006. So far, we hosted TNW Conference for 12 years in Amsterdam and today it’s one of the most influential tech conferences globally. In this slipstream of the conference, we launched thenextweb.com, our new site, that in 2017 keeps more than 10.000.000 people updated on tech's most fascinating stories each month. A year ago, we opened our own co-working space together with Google in the heart of Amsterdam; TQ. Last but not least, we built the startup database Index, the main data source for our projects.
TNW X is the team that functions as bridge builder between corporates, governments and the tech ecosystem. Through various different innovation programs (e.g. Tech5) we connect corporates to innovative startups and much needed talent to help boost their Innovation Power. But we also help governments worldwide to make sure they attract great companies to their own ecosystem.
We work with leading companies like Adyen, Vodafone, SAP, Deloitte, Accenture, Springer Nature and Heineken. And with government partners like South Korea, Thailand, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Dutch Police and Utrecht. TNW X is a 12 person fully dedicated team, with strong support from the broader 85 people TNW organization including our Database team Index, media team, conference team and TQ team.
Take ownership of different projects and and manage them start to finish.
Manage stakeholder expectations through regular contact and clear communication
Help develop new products, programs and value propositions for (potential) corporate clients and government programs
Scout, reach out and manage the application for startups for our programs
Manage one or more teams of junior research analysts to support your program research
Match startups to specific innovation challenges of corporate partners
You’re passionate about startups, innovation, and you have a commercial and value-driven mindset
Good understanding of (recent) developments in tech and startups, understand the role of corporate brands in the tech scene, know the tech community well and have preferably worked in tech yourself.
A good balance between team player/self-starter. You need to work cross-department to achieve a range of goals. At the same time, you need to be able to get things done even when there’s no one around to help.
You have a proven trackrecord of managing and executing projects
You have great research skills and can process large amounts of information
Great writing and speaking skills in both Dutch and English
You’re enthusiastic pro-active, a hustler and you have a mentality of getting stuff done
You know the norms of the corporate world and you feel comfortable in a corporate environment, but prefer the workings of the startup world ;-)
You're eligible to work in The Netherlands (unfortunately TNW cannot sponsor visas)
1. You’ll have the opportunity to work at the heart of the tech community in Amsterdam and basically meet with the whole ecosystem of companies here. It’ll be the ride of your life!
2. You'll build a stellar network and meet some of the greatest thought leaders and most successful entrepreneurs in the world of tech and business (seriously)
3. You're in a role where you can pick your responsibilities and grow the skills you want to grow. We'll be there to support you in your personal goals along the way.
4. Catered lunch, and a bar/café in our office!
5. The Smallest Disco in the World is located IN our office, too.
6. Regular entrepreneurial events and workshops
7. We work across borders. You will too.
8. Our team consists of the finest founders, designers, developers, marketing people, and everything in between. You WILL learn a lot.
9. Choose your own working hours
10. Our team will support you in everything you do. We've worked at all kinds of tech companies, from small ones to big ones like Google. We’ll teach you all of our joint experiences.