The Next Web is a fast-growing tech media company with a highly influential media platform, unparalleled conferences and a team that's building awesome new technology products and workspaces.
Technology is at the core of The Next Web and is what differentiates us from the competition. The development team is a key part of the success of our organization. It will be your responsibility to facilitate the technology and build the tools required for the rest of the company to shine.
- Implement design guidelines and build reusable components to make your job, and those of your colleagues, easier.
- Take ownership of the current codebase and implement high quality coding standards and procedures across many different projects.
What we're looking for:
- At least 2 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment. You ship quality code quickly.
- Able to use version control (Git) and the command line.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- You have a valid EU work permit and live in The Netherlands (or are willing to relocate).
We use a LAMP architecture and run our services and products on WordPress, CraftCMS and Laravel. On the frontend, we use SASS, Vue.js, webpack and npm, so experience in all these technologies/frameworks is a very nice to have.
- The opportunity to code for 20 million eyeballs a month.
- Flexible working hours.
- Competitive salary.
- Lunch, snacks and good coffee is on us.
- Open vacation policy.
- Work at TQ, our brand new tech hub in Amsterdam that we share with some of the city's most promising startups, based right in the heart of the city.
- Relaxed, informal ways of working and sociable colleagues. Every week we have drinks with the other residents and there are plenty of events happening all year round.