As an editorial intern, you should be ambitious, self-sufficient, interested in learning about working in digital publishing. We’re looking for someone passionate about tech stories, who can identify trending and breaking news.
Your internship may take several twists and turns – engaging in editorial support, research for articles, quality assurance, copywriting, as well as writing.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Possess good communication skills, both written and oral
- Have strong editing and proofreading skills
- Must be able to work well alone or in a team
- Multitask exceptionally well
- Grasp the English language
- Currently live in the Amsterdam area
- Research, pitch, develop, and write articles for thenextweb.com
- Keep track of anniversaries for historical newsworthy events to plan features
- Develop and maintain network of contacts
- Assist the commissioning editor with managing special projects
- Create contributor logins and upload submissions
- Review and select stories from contributors, and rewrite headlines to fit TNW style
- Handle any other administrative duties supporting the editorial staff
- Six months crushing it in the heart of Amsterdam’s tech community
- Stellar compensation while you grow the skills you want
- Did we mention there will be parties?
Preferred start date: September 2017
Sound too good to be true? It’s not! What are you waiting for? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org