TNW is a future-proof tech media company that focuses on this cross-generational group and helps them get the most out of technology by informing them through remarkable stories and insights, and by bringing them together through extraordinary events and workspaces.
TNW (The Next Web) is a fast-growing tech media company based in the Netherlands with a highly influential media platform, attracting over 8 million unique visitors from around the world every month to our site, and thousands each year to our unparalleled conferences in Amsterdam and New York.
Our editorial team runs a prominent blog where we publish news, features, op-eds, and columns for tech enthusiasts, as we explore the intersection between technology and culture. From the latest in personal hardware to the inner workings of data privacy regulations in the European Union, we cover a broad spectrum of topics within and beyond the tech industry.
We’re now looking for students, recent college graduates and early-career professionals to apply for a six-month paid Editorial Fellowship beginning in June 2018, and ending in December 2018.
If you’re keen on honing your journalistic research skills, and are eager to produce compelling stories at one of the world’s leading media companies, we have the perfect role for you.
What you'll do
- Assist our Asia-based editor in researching and shaping news stories and longform pieces, working full-time five days a week in India; preferably in Bangalore.
- Conduct interviews with industry insiders, experts, creators, and entrepreneurs.
- Ideate, produce and publish your own news pieces and long-form content.
- Handle administrative duties supporting the editorial staff
- Plan and produce features for historic newsworthy events
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts who can inform our stories
Who we’re looking for
We want to work with someone who’s interested in learning something new every day, and who’s looking for new ways to tell stories about the time we live in and the future. If you’re an avid reader and a budding writer with a grasp of the English language who’s excited about where technology is taking us, get in touch.