We’re looking for a competent and creative Commissioning Editor who isn’t afraid to mix business with pleasure… in an advertising sense.
This role requires charm (building relationships with quality writers and clients), creativity (writing catchy copy), composure (when five writers deliver at once and you’re being chased by every department), patience (putting out sales fires), and aptitude (finalizing last minute details, timelines not being met, stories needing tweaking...).
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Possess great communication skills on a native-English level
- Have strong editing and proofreading skills
- Multitask exceptionally well
- Have an insatiable interest in all things tech
- Can work with corporate partners
- Currently live in the Amsterdam area
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives including beats, bylines, and headlines
- Provide editorial guidance to partners so content is consistent with our brand voice, style, and tone
- Deliver an effective content marketing strategy to clients
- Analyze and create content our audience is looking for
- Work with SEO gurus to effectively measure and optimize sponsored content
- Develop and maintain network of contacts to help identify, recruit a variety of freelancers
- Commission posts and send briefs
- Ensure commissioned content is delivered on time and written to expected standard
- Edit and re-write articles, some of which may be rejected or returned for revision
- Responsible for the content and quality of sponsored posts, ensuring stories are engaging and informative
- Write content for the blog, either in the form of sponsored content or strictly for editorial during down time
- Editorial duties as needed
- A spot in the heart of Amsterdam’s tech community
- Stellar compensation
- Did we mention there will be parties?
Preferred start date: June 2017
Sound too good to be true? It’s not! So what are you waiting for?