The Next Web is a fast-growing tech media company with a highly influential media platform, unparalleled conferences and a team that's building awesome new technology products and workspaces.
- Leading client meetings over conference call and in person to discuss progress of a partnership and guide clients towards a successful execution.
- Tracking and maintain an accurate overview of current partnerships and actionable next steps for the event production-, marketing- and sales-team in Trello.
- Operational event management for the conference, side events and dinners. Involves travelling to New York and European cities.
- Finding new ways to improve the user experience for partners by writing documentation and guides to help them achieve their goals.
- Retaining important clients and discovering potential for up-selling with existing clients and partners. Increase our percentage of returning clients.
- Work hand in hand with the executive producers to coordinate the event management and design of a 12.500 attendee technology festival.
- 3 years of relevant experience in client account management in B2B. Alternatively, similar experience in event-, project- or hospitality-management.
- You're capable of project managing several clients simultaneously while still cultivating strong relationships. You're both a people person and detail-oriented one.
- You understand at a deeper level why companies partner with technology conferences and what kind of marketing objectives they come to fulfil.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills well suited to 2017: you're capable of making someone smile simply through the medium of emoji and gifs.
- Detail oriented, analytical, but also in touch with your creative side when it comes transforming client demands into actionable tasks.
- A good balance between a team player / self-starter. You need to work cross-department to achieve a range of goals. At the same time, you need to be able to get things done even when there's no one around to help.
- You live in Holland or plan to move to there (and have a work visa).
Bonus points ✨
- Experience with MailChimp, Keynote, MacOS and/or Trello.
- You speak Dutch or intend to learn.
- Open vacation policy.
- A salary with potential for growth.
- A relaxed, informal work atmosphere
- Affordable lunch, snacks and very acceptable coffee.
- An inspiring workplace in TQ with a rooftop terrace, bar, lunch playground, canal view and a hidden disco 🏓
- A network brimming with influencers, talented geeks, and promising startups
- Weekly drinks with colleagues and other TQ residents 🍸
- Travel compensation 💸